Allan Webb is seeking to recruit permanent, full-time Technical Authors to join one of our technical publications teams. As part of the team, you will be responsible for creating technical publications for a variety of military and civilian systems.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with the ability to work to tight timescales with the minimum of supervision. In return, you will receive a competitive salary and join a growing team with excellent prospects.
The successful candidate will have:
- An extensive engineering background with at least two years’ authoring experience
- The ability to produce concise and accurate operating and maintenance manuals from a variety of source information, including engineering drawings
- The ability to work to tight timescales
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
Knowledge of the following standards is desirable:
- AECMA S1000D – including Simplified English
- DEF STAN 00-600
- ATA 100/2200
- JSP(D) 543 (JSP180 series, AvP70 and NES 40 equivalent)
Practical experience some of the following would be desirable:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Framemaker or Abortext Epic
Since many of our contracts are defence related, a military background would be desirable.
The successful candidate should preferably have security clearance to SC level or be willing to undergo security checks.
Some travel to clients’ sites within the UK is required.