Allan Webb is looking to recruit an experienced Technical Author to join our growing Technical Publications Department which produces and updates technical documentation for a variety of military systems and equipment.
Allan Webb Ltd (AWL) is a leading supplier of Technical Authoring, Training, NATO Codification, Inventory Optimisation, Obsolescence Management and Integrated Logistic Support services to government, industry and commercial clients throughout UK and Europe. Established in 1960, our unrivalled track record spans over many years, providing a unique mix of capabilities which make us a provider of choice to many organisations.
AWL has a head office at Stonehouse in Gloucestershire, together with a satellite office in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria. Many AWL employees are operating remotely and embedded-in Client organisations.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Technical Author to join our growing Technical Publications Department which produces and updates technical documentation for a variety of military systems and equipment.
Based in Barrow-in-Furness as a part of the Technical Publications Department, you will be responsible for the creation and update of technical publications in accordance with standards and specifications relevant to customer requirements.
- An experienced technical author with a mechanical/electrical engineering background with at least two years’ technical authoring experience within Defence or Engineering sectors.
- Capability to evaluate and appraise source technical information.
- Experience of the production of technical information in accordance with standards and specifications relevant to the project or customer requirements.
- Knowledge and working skills of Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel etc.
- Experience of liaising with customers and information suppliers as appropriate.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Drive and enthusiasm to achieve customer quality criteria.
- Working Knowledge of Naval Technical Publications
- Adobe Framemaker
- Adobe Acrobat
- ASD S1000D
- Successful candidates will require appropriate security checks and vetting.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Allan Webb with good career progression as we continue on an impressive growth path. The role will be Barrow-in Furness based but with a combination of flexible and remote working.
Our customers demand confidentiality and discretion. You will require the right to work in the UK. The successful candidate will also need to hold SC level security clearance.