Maritime Technical Authors
Allan Webb Ltd is looking for Technical Authors to work on our Maritime programmes. We are working with our client in providing in-service Technical Publications support to the Royal Navy’s Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carriers and Type 45 Destroyers. The role will predominately be remote working with occasional visits to the client’s site.
Allan Webb Ltd (AWL) is a leading supplier of Technical Authoring, Training, NATO Codification, Inventory Optimisation, Obsolescence Management and Integrated Logistic Support services to government, industry and commercial clients throughout UK and Europe. Established in 1960, our unrivalled track record spans over many years, providing a unique mix of capabilities which make us a provider of choice to many organisations.
AWL has a head office at Stonehouse in Gloucestershire, together with a satellite office in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria. Many AWL employees are operating remotely or embedded-in Client organisations.
AWL are looking for Technical Authors to work on our Maritime programmes. We are working with our client in providing in-service Technical Publications support to the Royal Navy’s Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carriers and Type 45 Destroyers. The role will predominately be remote working with occasional visits to the client’s site.
As a Technical Author you will report to the project’s Technical Publications Manager and will be responsible for:
- Interrogating project databases, registers and repositories for source data in order to produce or assess the impact to technical publications
- Producing technical documentation in accordance with customer specifications including amendments and production of new technical publications including but not limited to Data Modules, OEM manuals, illustrations and schematics and Vessel Operating Manuals
- Delivering draft technical publications for engineering governance, within agreed timescales and to agreed company and customer acceptable quality standard
- Provide regular updates on the progress of all technical publication tasks as required
- Performing allied duties as required by the Technical Publications Manager.
- At least 2 years as a Technical Author
- Authoring of descriptive and procedural data modules in S1000D standard
- Authoring of illustrated parts catalogue (Desirable)
- Creation and updating DMRL (Desirable)
- Knowledge on XML/SGML authoring tool
- Knowledge on use and build of IETP using Trilogi build (Desirable)
- Experience of using a Common Source Data Base (CSDB)
- Logistic Support Analysis Record (LSAR) knowledge
- Experience of Ships systems and technical publications (desirable)
- Excellent IT skills with expert knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Acrobat and Outlook
This is an exciting opportunity to join AWL with good career progression as we continue on an impressive growth path. The role will be Bristol based but with a combination of agile and remote working.
Our customers demand confidentiality and discretion. You will require the right to work in the UK. The successful candidate will also need to hold SC level security clearance.