Supply Chain Managers
Allan Webb Ltd is looking to fulfil a number of roles based at MOD Abbey Wood, Filton to support Supply Chain Management.
This role will involve interaction with various defence equipment and support (DE&S) strategic and operational managers in order to carry out the following activities:
- Develop demand and supply plans and optimise inventory within the area of responsibility
- Lead on monitoring and validation of supply plans against operational demand, supply constraints and changes to requirements
- Identify areas of poor performance and opportunities for improvement within own area of responsibility
- Contribute to operational supply chain management (SCM) across inventory management, supplier management, demand management and performance management activities
- Provide insight and direction for continuous improvement (CI) initiatives
- Be accountable for materiel accounting aspects of SCM including pricing, loan management and government furnished equipment (GFE) in own area of responsibility
- Make purchasing/repair/disposal decisions in accordance with authorised level of financial delegation
The successful candidate will be an experienced Supply Chain Manager, often with line management responsibilities, and will typically be a general practitioner. However, in some cases, they may be in a specialist role such as master data management, loans management or providing support to deep subject matter experts in one or more SCM disciplines (inventory management, supplier management, demand management and/or performance management).
The successful candidate should preferably have security clearance to SC level or be willing to undergo security checks.