PMO Project Manager
Allan Webb is looking to expand our PMO (Project Management Office) team and have an immediate vacancy for a Project Manager.
Allan Webb Ltd is at the forefront of technical documentation and data management with an unrivalled track record spanning more than 60 years. We’re a leading supplier of technical writing, technical translation, technical illustrating and integrated logistics support services to government and industry clients throughout the UK and Europe. We’re also one of the leading providers of bureau scanning services in the UK.
We are looking to expand our PMO (Project Management Office) team and have an immediate vacancy for a Project Manager.
The PMO team provide project management support to stakeholders both internally and externally to enable enhanced agility, flexibility and governance within the project management domain. Projects may be wide ranging covering both commercial and defence sector i.e. within Land, Air, Joint Enables or Maritime Domains. As PM you must be able to deliver all stages of a project lifecycle management and be familiar with elements of equipment manufacturing.
The PM will contribute significantly to a high value, strategic enterprise that directly supports both Ministry of Defence and commercial clients, constructively influencing the outcome of company projects, assisting in the development and maturing of the PMO to enhance project and programme delivery across the business.
The role is based around the Association for Project Management (APM) framework; although APM qualification is not essential, an equivalent PM qualification would be suitable.
The PM will also support in maturing the PMO vision and strategic direction, facilitating the team to deliver SME knowledge in support of AWL projects, providing support and mentoring to PMs across the business as required, in turn maintaining consistency across all project processes for specific tasking, along with:
- Overarching Project Management Activity to deliver operational and commercial effectiveness and optimising outputs.
- Specific PMO PM Tasking determined from various factors and influences, such as available resource, technical difficulty, value of a project through to its strategic importance and risk.
- Communications with the delivery team and wider organisation and project stakeholders
- Continuous Improvements, driving development of existing and where necessary supporting the development of and introduction of new protocols, processes and policies to support the successful delivery of projects and programmes. Able to apply insight and confident to challenge existing norms.
- Managing project(s) resources and day-to-day activities required to deliver the project(s), ensuring resources adhere to company standards.
- Technical/professional qualification and/or post graduate qualification or equivalent experience.
- APM (PMQ) or equivalent (L2+).
- Broad understanding of the Defence Support Environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Primavera P6 and ERP Software desirable.
Our customers demand confidentiality and discretion. You will be required to undergo UK MOD security clearance for this role. You will require the right to work in the UK.
We offer a flexible working environment that we are committed to maintaining. Company provides many benefits, Pension, Family Events/Days out, Perkbox and cycle to work scheme.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Allan Webb with good career progression as we continue on an impressive growth path.