Lead Technical Author
Allan Webb is looking for a Lead Technical Author to work on one of our Maritime programmes, working with our client to support the MOD and the Royal Navy’s Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carriers and Type 45 Destroyers.
Allan Webb Ltd (AWL) is a leading supplier of Technical Authoring, Training, NATO Codification, Inventory Optimisation, Obsolescence Management and Integrated Logistic Support services to government, industry and commercial clients throughout UK and Europe. Established in 1960, our unrivalled track record spans over many years, providing a unique mix of capabilities which make us a provider of choice to many organisations.
AWL has a head office at Stonehouse in Gloucestershire, together with a satellite office in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria. Many AWL employees are operating remotely and embedded-in Client organisations.
We are looking for a Lead Technical Author to work on one of our Maritime programmes, working with our client to support the MOD and the Royal Navy’s Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carriers and Type 45 Destroyers.
The lead author will report to the Technical Publications Manager and be responsible for:
- Interrogating project databases, registers and repositories for source data in order to assess the impact to technical publications.
- Manage workloads effectively and efficiently to meet the demands of the programme utilising available resource as necessary e.g. amendments and production of new technical publications including but not limited to Data Modules, OEM manuals, illustrations and schematics.
- Deliver draft technical publications for engineering governance, within agreed timescales and to agreed company and customer acceptable quality standards, to support the resolution of any tasking requirements.
- Provide helpdesk support for technical queries regarding technical publications.
- Provide regular updates on the progress of all technical publication tasks as required.
- At least 2 years as a technical author
- S1000D technical authoring tools (XML and SGML)
- Common Source Data Base (CSDB) knowledge
- Logistic Support Analysis Record (LSAR) knowledge
- Experience of Ships systems and technical publications, Excellent IT skills with expert knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Framemaker and Outlook
This is an exciting opportunity to join Allan Webb with good career progression as we continue on an impressive growth path. The role will be Bristol based but with a combination of flexible and remote working.
Our customers demand confidentiality and discretion. You will require the right to work in the UK. The successful candidate will also need to hold SC level security clearance.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date Friday 18 September 2020.