Commercial Officer - Defence
Allan Webb Ltd is looking for an experienced Commercial Officer to join our Commercial team.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Allan Webb Ltd is a leading supplier of Technical Authoring, Training, NATO Codification, Inventory Optimisation, Obsolescence Management and Integrated Logistic Support services to government, industry and commercial clients throughout UK and Europe. Allan Webb Ltd has a head office at Stonehouse in Gloucestershire, together with a satellite office in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria. Established in 1960, our unrivalled track record spans over many years, providing a unique mix of capabilities which make us a provider of choice to many organisations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to an ever-growing portfolio of awarded contracts within our organisation, we are currently seeking an experienced Commercial Officer to join our Commercial team. This is an exciting opportunity to join Allan Webb Ltd with good career progression as we continue on an impressive growth path. The role will primarily be working from home with occasional visits to the company offices and/or customer sites when required.
Reporting to the Allan Webb Head of Commercial, you will have a good understanding of commercial best practice and be able to confidently support the commercial process from cradle to grave. You will be responsible for supporting contract and subcontract engagement activities within our defence operations including the following:
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of subcontract documentation (including IR35 related activities), supporting internal stakeholders on addressing the associated contractual and commercial aspects and risk, and ensuring that contracts are signed and approved in line with company procedures.
- Support the Head of Commercial to draft, review and negotiate contract documentation and agreements with our supply chain partners, such as:
- Confidentiality Agreements (i.e. Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs))
- Teaming Agreements
- Framework Agreements
- Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs)
- Letters of Intent
- Standard Terms and Conditions
- Maintain an organised system of digital records for all commercial documentation, including the Commercial directory, online portal and intranet
- Maintain and update existing commercial processes and procedures and assist in the creation of new processes and procedures where appropriate
- Role will also include wider commercial support to the business as necessary, including supporting bid preparation, providing input for tenders, assisting with the preparation of tenders for our supply chain, evaluating customer terms and conditions and addressing commercial uses as they arise.
- Qualifications: A Degree/Diploma/Vocational qualification in Commercial/Contract Management, Business Administration/Law or similar (preferable but not essential)
- Demonstrable knowledge of commercial contracts and agreements is essential
- Industry experience of working in a similar role would be advantageous
- Ability to prioritise and meet conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Be highly articulate with excellent attention to detail with an ability to spot errors
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Confident self-starter
- Willing to travel to support the needs of the business as and when required
Our customers demand confidentiality and discretion and candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK
Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access
The successful candidate will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.