Allan Webb is looking to recruit a Cataloguing Engineer to join our growing Cataloguing Department which produces and updates IPC documentation for a variety of Maritime systems and equipment. This role would ideally suit a candidate with a Royal Navy or similar background.
Allan Webb Ltd (AWL) is a leading supplier of Technical Authoring, Training, NATO Codification, Inventory Optimisation, Obsolescence Management and Integrated Logistic Support services to government, industry and commercial clients throughout UK and Europe. Established in 1960, our unrivalled track record spans over many years, providing a unique mix of capabilities which make us a provider of choice to many organisations.
AWL has a head office at Stonehouse in Gloucestershire, together with a satellite office in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria.
We are looking to recruit a Cataloguing Engineer to join our growing Cataloguing Department which produces and updates IPC documentation for a variety of Maritime systems and equipment. This role would ideally suit a candidate with a Royal Navy or similar background.
Primarily working from home, with occasional visits to the company offices or customer’s sites, working as a part of the Cataloguing Department you will be responsible for the creation and update of parts lists and catalogues in accordance with standards and specifications relevant to customer requirements.
- An experienced Engineer/Technician with a mechanical/electrical engineering background.
- Capability to evaluate and appraise source technical information.
- Experience of the production of technical information in accordance with standards and specifications relevant to the project or customer requirements.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience of liaising with customers and information suppliers as appropriate.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Drive and enthusiasm to achieve customer quality criteria.
- Successful candidates will require appropriate security checks and vetting.
- Working Knowledge of Maritime Technical Publications and processes.
- Current SC clearance.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Allan Webb with good career progression as we continue on an impressive growth path.
Our customers demand confidentiality and discretion. You will require the right to work in the UK. The successful candidate will also need to hold SC level security clearance.