Join the Team:
Allan Webb is a dynamic and fast growing business where innovation is valued in all our employees. If you have the skills and attributes to make a difference, and would like to join our business, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discover more about employment at Allan Webb.
Stonehouse, Gloucestershire & Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
Allan Webb Ltd is seeking to recruit permanent, full time, Technical Authors to join one of our Technical Publications teams. As part of the team you will be responsible for creating technical publications for a variety of military and civilian systems.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with the ability to work to tight timescales with the minimum of supervision. In return you will receive a competitive salary and join a growing team with excellent prospects
The successful candidate will have:
• An extensive engineering background with at least two years authoring experience
• The ability to produce concise and accurate operating and maintenance manuals from a variety of source information, including engineering drawings
• Ability to work to tight timescales.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Knowledge of the following standards is desirable:
• AECMA S1000D – including Simplified English
• DEF STAN 00-600
• ATA 100/2200
• JSP(D) 543 (JSP180 series, AvP70 and NES 40 equivalent).
Practical experience some of the following would be desirable:
• Adobe Acrobat
• Framemaker or Abortext Epic
Since many of our contracts are defence related, a military background would be desirable.
The successful candidate should preferably have security clearance to SC level or be willing to undergo security checks.
Some travel to clients’ sites within the UK is required.
NATO Codification/Cataloguing Engineers
Allan Webb Ltd is seeking to recruit permanent, full time, Cataloguing Engineers to join our Gloucestershire based Technical Services team. As part of the team you will be responsible for creating or amending parts catalogues for a variety of military systems.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with the ability to work to tight timescales with the minimum of supervision. In return you will receive a competitive salary and join a growing team with excellent prospects.
• A technical, spares or inventory related background
• Engineering/manufacturing qualification such as City & Guilds or ONC/HNC etc
• Good IT skills including MS Office, internet and databases
• Good understanding of engineering data in a variety of formats from engineering drawings to design.
The successful candidates will require security checks and vetting.
Located mainly at our office in Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, but some UK travel may be required.
Please email CVs to Richard Allott at RA@allanwebb.co.uk