Join the Team:
Allan Webb is a dynamic and fast growing business where innovation is valued in all our employees. If you have the skills and attributes to make a difference, and would like to join our business, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discover more about employment at Allan Webb.
IT/Software Development Manager
We are looking for a Manager to head up our IT Development Team to lead it, and the company, forward in its expansion
• You will report to the IT Director and be responsible for, and lead, our small but growing team of programmers.
• You must be able to programme in MVC/.Net/SQL Server and other web technologies.
• You must have a proven track record on Project Management
• You must be able to bridge the gap between users, customers and programmers to extract each other’s requirements.
• You must deliver high quality solutions in a fast moving environment, often acting on ambiguous instructions
• We are looking to increase our employee skills base and you would target their development to achieve the company’s aims.
Ideally you will also be experienced in the following:
• Leading programmers on joint projects;
• Delivering applications to UK Government (advantageous);
• Delivering feature rich Agile projects.
If you are ambitious, the sky is the limit as we have big plans for expansion and are on target to achieve that. IT is a core component of that expansion.
Post will be subject to UK Government Security Clearance.
If you are interested and have the relevant skills and experience, please forward your CV to Sam Jenner at email@example.com
Stonehouse, Gloucestershire & Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
Allan Webb Ltd is seeking to recruit permanent, full time, Technical Authors to join one of our Technical Publications teams. As part of the team you will be responsible for creating technical publications for a variety of military and civilian systems.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with the ability to work to tight timescales with the minimum of supervision. In return you will receive a competitive salary and join a growing team with excellent prospects
The successful candidate will have:
• An extensive engineering background with at least two years authoring experience
• The ability to produce concise and accurate operating and maintenance manuals from a variety of source information, including engineering drawings
• Ability to work to tight timescales.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Knowledge of the following standards is desirable:
• AECMA S1000D – including Simplified English
• DEF STAN 00-600
• ATA 100/2200
• JSP(D) 543 (JSP180 series, AvP70 and NES 40 equivalent).
Practical experience some of the following would be desirable:
• Adobe Acrobat
• Framemaker or Abortext Epic
Since many of our contracts are defence related, a military background would be desirable.
The successful candidate should preferably have security clearance to SC level or be willing to undergo security checks.
Some travel to clients’ sites within the UK is required.
NATO Codification/Cataloguing Engineers
Allan Webb Ltd is seeking to recruit permanent, full time, Cataloguing Engineers to join our Gloucestershire based Technical Services team. As part of the team you will be responsible for creating or amending parts catalogues for a variety of military systems.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with the ability to work to tight timescales with the minimum of supervision. In return you will receive a competitive salary and join a growing team with excellent prospects.
• A technical, spares or inventory related background
• Engineering/manufacturing qualification such as City & Guilds or ONC/HNC etc
• Good IT skills including MS Office, internet and databases
• Good understanding of engineering data in a variety of formats from engineering drawings to design.
The successful candidates will require security checks and vetting.
Located mainly at our office in Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, but some UK travel may be required.
Please email CVs to Richard Allott at RA@allanwebb.co.uk